About the Department:
- The Department of Chemical Engineering was established in 1944 under the University of Madras. In 1978, the department was transferred to the newly formed Anna University.
- Research activities in the department were initiated way back in the year 1947 and several pioneering research works was carried out by stalwarts like Dr. G. S. Laddha.
- Research were carried out in the conventional areas of Chemical Engineering. Now, the areas of research have moved in line with developments in the chemical process industries.
- The Department has been receiving financial assistance from various funding agencies like AICTE, UGC, DST, TNSCST, etc., and has successfully completed several research projects.
- The Department had been accredited by AICTE as “A” grade and is recognized as DST-FIST Sponsored Department.
- The Chemical Engineering Department is the first department in Anna University to be recognized for COSIST and DSA programs by UGC.
Profile of the Department
|Program||Year of Establishment||In take Capacity|
|B Tech Chemical Engineering||1944
|M Tech Chemical Engineering||1944
|M Tech Petroleum Refining & Petrochemicals||1992
|M Tech Environmental Science & Technology||2005||25|
|Program||Total number of Research Scholars|
|MS, Ph.D in Chemical Engineering /interdisciplinary||58|