Named after the philanthropist, Alagappa College College of Technology is one of the leading institutions in India in the fields of Technical Education. Alagappa College of Technology was founded in 1944 with Chemical Engineering course. Funds for its establishment to the tune of five hundred thousand Indian rupees was donated by the philanthropist, Vallal Dr. Alagappa Chettiar in 1943. Dr. Alagappa Chettiar expressed an interest in setting up a College that offered new technology related courses. Conceived as an idea by Dr.AlagappaChettiar, the institution today offers a variety of technical courses for the young minds of the state and of the nation.
Along which Chemical Engineering, Textile Technology and Leather Technology were introduced a year later in 1945. After 75 years, the institution presently houses the following departments:
Besides these departments, the campus is also house to three more autonomous centres:
The institution recently celebrated its Platinum Jubilee in the month of December, 2019 commemorating its 75 years of services to the Engineering World.